Saturday 12 May 2012

Filming, Interviews, Voice-Overs

Interviews
I filmed the interviews in the AV studio where I used the green screen in order to then be able to add a separate background instead of the original background where it was shot at. My intentions where to have a Facebook privacy settings page set out behind the person being interviewed although seeing as the information gathered in the interviews are about the individuals profile I might either display their own privacy setting or their Facebook profile.





Voice Overs
I used the studio in order to record the voice overs using a gun microphone. I placed 2 boards forming a triangle shape with a chair in the middle for the person talking into the microphone to sit on. This was to block any other sound which the microhone might pick up on. I recorded them using Audacity as one whole file and then edited them into small ones to then be able to palce them separatley in premiere. Before I exported the files I increased the volume as some of the clips werent very loud.


Gun Microphone:
Below I have displayed an image of a gun microphone which is what I used to record my voice-overs. 
http://www.mveducation.com/assets/products/9370_l.jpg





Voice Recording:
Below I have displayed a diagram of how we set out the studio to record our voice overs for our documentaries.



Audacity:
Below is a screen shot of Audacity and some of my voice recording after I amplified my voice recording to be louder.  



Now that I have completed my filming the next step is to edit all the footage and create my documentary. 



1 comment:

  1. First of all let me tell you, you have got a great blog. I am interested in looking for more of such topics and would like to have further information. Hope to see the next blog soon.
    american voice overs

    ReplyDelete