Monday 20 February 2012

Proposal

For my audio visual assignment 2 I am required to create a documentary focusing on a subject matter which I feel is interesting or important. The documentary has to be up to 3 minutes long, therefore I have to make sure that I include the most important bits as the time frame is very short. Creating this documentary I also need to take into consideration the fact that I can't incorporate my own opinion on the subject as the audience has to be able to determine this decision for themselves. 


I have chosen to focus on social networking but mainly Facebook as it is the most used (popular) social networking site. I wanted to focus on why people post their personal details for the world to see as they wouldn't go round the streets telling strangers these things. I also want to look at how effective the privacy setting are on Facebook and if user make use of these features. 


In my documentary I would like to include the following:

  • interviews with Facebook users in their own homes and some in the studio to show a contrast
  • display a preview of Facebook's privacy settings
  • positive and negative aspects of these settings
Now that I have set my proposal the next stage is to plan my documentary, practise using the lights and video cameras and further my research in order to produce and interesting piece. 


No comments:

Post a Comment